Thursday, 18 November 2010

Monday 25th October

They decided to a CT scan to see if there had been any damage over the weekend. My memory becomes a bit hazy now about what happened on what day and in which order. The results of the CT scan showed there was a “pocket of something” and this could possibly show that Charlie had had a stroke or it could be a collection of the infection. If it was a collection of infection then the next step could have been brain surgery to release some pressure and a shunt was mentioned. If it was a stroke well we there were many possible outcomes to that. The next step was to do a MRI. The CT scans are fine but they don’t show as much detail as they needed. It was decided he would have a MRI on Tuesday. In the meantime they were going to do a blood transfusion overnight.

No comments:

Post a comment