Sunday 31 October 2010

My baby

I want to write out the story of what happened last week but i want to start Charlie's story from the beginning. The beginning being last November when i found out i was pregnant. Friday the 13th November to be exact. I suspected i might be pregnant as a pregnancy test from Home Bargain showed a glimmer of a line the night before. After much squinting and analysing i decided as it cost me a £1 for 2 tests they probably told you you were pregnant anyway and not to read too much into it. The following morning i spent a small fortune on a "real" test which was pretty conclusive in it's bright blue cross. Of course Chris chose this day to not answer his phone so he was the third person to find out we were expecting our second baby (after my mum and Leah). He had a sneaky suspicion though from the test the night before and i had to tell someone!

8 months later, almost to the day, on 15th July Charlie Benjamin was born. A full head of dark hair, the most beautiful eyes and perfect in every way. Bloomin huge too! Charlie was the spit of me as a baby but he certainly didn't have my build. At my 36 week scan his legs were measuring almost 42 weeks. He was never fat though, always perfectly proportioned. I always said my laid back, chilled out, beautiful baby would be a heartbreaker. How right i was.

2 comments:

  1. Katy
    So sorry to hear about your precious little Charlie. He is beautiful and definately a heartbreaker. I too lost my son Harvey Ben in Alder Hey to a rare metabolic condition in March 2010. I think reading about your loss made me even sadder as I too have a cheeky Charlie age 9 (healthy)who was the best big brother that anyone could have wished for. Love to your family. Lyn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh I'm so sorry, i am 13 so i don't have any kids (-.-) but i have 2 sisters (aged 2 and 7) and 1 brother who's 2 months old and i can't imagine my life without them, losing someone is horrible, loosing a son must be even more horrible..
    He was a really beautiful baby :)
    Once again i fell sorry for you and your family, love to all of you.
    Mariana, from Portugal

    ReplyDelete